Click on the questions below to find an answer to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Need something not on the site?
The VolShop is the Official Campus Store of the University of Tennessee. All proceeds benefit The University of Tennessee through student scholarships, community outreach and campus building projects. We're Vols helping Vols, not some big corporation profiting from your purchases. We are proud to be customer-driven, striving to offer the best customer service anywhere. Additionally, our support of students is unmatched by other retail establishments. Here are a few ways we contribute:
- Each Friday VolShop employees may earn the ability to wear jeans to work by contributing a food item to Smokey's Pantry, our campus food bank. The food items are picked up by Smokey’s Pantry, and offered to students needing food.
- VolShop employees contribute to the Wade Meadows Scholarship Fund. VolShop student-employees may apply and be awarded this scholarship annually.
- Thousands of dollars each year are given back to the University of Tennessee for student scholarships, community outreach and campus building projects.
- We organize multiple events throughout the year to benefit our students! Our annual After-Hours Party is always a favorite, where we close the store, bring in various games, and let students come in and play earning tickets to win great Vol gear and gifts. Snacks, music, and much fun are all provided!
No. Due to our strict compliance with credit card security guidelines, no VolShop employee may ever come into contact with your card information.
We may be able to support qualifying events only. To qualify an event must contribute to the recruitment and/or retention of students at the University of Tennessee. All requests must be submitted by completing our donation request form.
STORE HOURS AND LOCATIONS
We have several locations. Find them all here.
Free 45 minute visitor parking is available at Circle Park. Hourly visitor parking is available at the Volunteer Hall Garage, located at 1545 White Ave. Visit the Parking & Transit Services website for complete details.
Nope! While you can find many of our most popular brands and merchandise at each of our stores, there are items that are unique to each location due to size and relevance.
Sorry, we don’t ship internationally at this time.
While you can simply checkout as a guest and don’t need to register on our site to order, setting up an account provides several benefits: easy login for when your next order (We know there will be a next time.), the convenience of tracking your order, and resolving any customer service issues. In addition, you can opt-in to our newsletter to find ways to save even more on your Vol gear!
Reach out to that store directly and someone will be happy to assist you, or contact us for more options.
|Order Total||Shipping Rate|
|$50 - $300||$12|
We offer in-store pickup at Volbooks level G3 in the Student Union. There is no shipping charge for in-store pickup. When you select in-store pickup as your shipping option, you will be notified when your order is fulfilled and ready to be picked up. Please wait until you've received your notification prior to coming to the store. Please have your email confirmation with you when you come to pick up your order.
Under normal circumstances, most orders are shipped within 2 to 3 business days. Your specific shipping destination may contribute to time in transit.
UNIVERSITY FACULTY & STAFF
Full-time, permanent UT staff and faculty qualify for interest-free payroll deduction on computers and software offered at VolTech. Just about anything computer related items can be put on payroll deduction as long as the following criteria are met:
- The total purchase must exceed $500.
- A computer, or tablet or Apple Watch must be included in the purchased items.
- You have been a full time, permanent employee of the University of Tennessee for 6 months or more.
Yes! University of Tennessee employees recieve 20% off most gift and apparel items when shopping at the VolShop. Just present your faculty or staff Volcard at checkout. Some exclusions may apply.
VolTech is an Apple authorized service center, open 5 days a week. We do both in warranty and out of warranty service on Apple products (except phones). We also repair Macs covered by Safeware accident policies.
We can help! See our Department Charge Documentation page by clicking here.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
We sell many different items. Some have different policies than others. Check out our complete return policy here.
You can send any qualifying returns to our Distribution Center, at UT VolShop, 5723 Middlebrook Pike, Knoxville, TN 37921. Unfortunately, we do not reimburse shipping on returned items. In addition, there are some items that don't qualify for refunds, such as clearance items, Big Orange Deal items, and other items as noted in the product description of such items.
Yes! There are a few exceptions, but most merchandise can be returned to any of our retail locations with a valid receipt. Returns and exchanges are not accepted at athletic event locations. Returns of technology and textbook items should be made to VolTech and VolBooks.